Drug & Alcohol Intervention Services
In Baton Rouge, LA
In Baton Rouge, LA
Trained Professionals in Louisiana that Help Stage Supportive Interventions
for Loved-Ones Struggling with Alcohol & Drug Addiction
for Loved-Ones Struggling with Alcohol & Drug Addiction
Intervention for a Loved One
Struggling with Addiction
Interventions receive a lot of attention on television today, but a question you should ask yourself is if they could help you. If a loved one is struggling through drug and alcohol addiction, taking any step to get the help he or she needs is important. An intervention may be one of the best options available to help with this matter. Though complex, they can be one of the best ways to help encourage your loved one to take a step towards recovery.
At Alcohol Rehab LA in Baton Rouge, Louisiana treatment center, we can help your loved ones to take that step towards recovery.
What Is An
During an intervention, members of a family work to encourage someone to seek out drug treatment. While this type of interaction can occur in any setting, the most effective type is one that is structured in a formal setting with drug treatment professionals. The goal here is to provide a solution-based opportunity for the individual to recognize the need for help and to seek it out immediately.
During an intervention, all members of the family are provided with the care and support they need. They are educated on drug addiction and how the intervention can work. It’s an important step for each member of the family to understand the process, risks, and potential benefits.
How Does an Intervention Work?
An intervention specialist is one of the most important people in this process. Your team will work closely with you to help you ready for this process. The specialist helps ensure that the process goes as smoothly as possible. And, they act as a third party that’s neutral. That is, they provide insight and guidance to answer your questions and to provide guidance. This individual is an expert in addiction therapy and understands the physical and psychological components of it. As a result, he or she understands the best tools and methods to use to persuade people to seek out treatment.
No intervention fails, but rather, every intervention accomplishes at least one goal. It plants a seed in the individual’s heart that tells them that there are people that care enough to help them to encourage this change. It plants a seed that, sometimes over time, can help bloom into seeking out drug treatment.
It’s also important to know that an intervention is not just for the individual suffering from the addition; it is also very much for the loved ones surrounding that individual. It provides an opportunity for you to share with your loved one exactly what is happening, and it allows family to understand that no one is to blame. It also educates everyone about the opportunities available to each person in the family and to the individual struggling with drugs and alcohol.
What Types of Interventions Are Available?
An intervention is a complex process with many moving variables. When you meet with an intervention specialist, he or she will speak to you about all the options that are available to you. In some situations, a simple one-on-one intervention is enough. In others, it is important to consider options that are a bit more complex. For example, some people may respond to sitting down with a loved one in a secluded meeting to discuss the impact of his or her drug abuse. For others, it is less likely that they will respond or open up in a group setting.
There are several different models of intervention that exist. Your intervention specialist can help determine which may be right for your loved one. Some examples are the following.
How Do I Stage an Intervention for an Addicted Loved-One?
Drug and alcohol interventions are an important part of the recovery process. However, they are more complex than simply bringing people together with a person suffering from addiction to talk. They must be structured in the right manner to provide the right information in a way that the individual will be receptive of. It is always recommended that an individual or family turn to intervention services through a professional organization to obtain this type of support.
- The right people need to come together. In a team environment, individuals need to be people that the individual can trust. Do not bring anyone in that is, or could be, abusive to the individual. Remember, the sole purpose of an intervention is to motivate the individual to enter rehab. Spouses, children, siblings, parents, and close friends are best.
- Select the right time. Timing matters, so pick a time when the individual is most likely willing to talk. This may be after a major drug-related event happens, such as an overdose. If the individual is seeking out drugs at that moment, it will be hard to persuade them otherwise. Choose a time when the individual is not high or drunk.
- Speak in the right order. Family members will need to speak with the individual during the intervention. You may wish to prepare your sentiments in advance. Remember, your goal here is not to blame anyone, but rather, to bring to the surface the need to seek out care. Tell them what you will no longer do for them. List the consequences. Choose an order to read these statements based on who is likely to be most effective first.
- Choose a location. The location will need to be a place that is not where the individual feels comfortable using drugs or alcohol. Choose a location that is neutral and less toxic. When using intervention services, work with the provider to secure a location that is going to be beneficial to all involved.
- Stay on task. It’s vital to have a script and to ensure that everyone involved follows it. Don’t ad-lib. Be sure that individuals can stick to the specific statements designed to create the motivated action. During the intervention, things can happen to change an individual’s perspective. Keep following the script, this is important.
- Have a plan in place. Most importantly, long before the intervention takes place, be sure there is a plan in place for what happens once they agree to seek treatment. You should have already spoken to an organization to provide help and guidance. You also need this person to be given help immediately.
Be prepared for what could happen. Crying, yelling, and hurt feelings are not uncommon. Drug and alcohol addiction is powerful and can be very hard to break through during and intervention. Drug and alcohol interventions provide a clear opportunity for the family to come together to discuss the outcome, the opportunities, and the best scenarios.
Getting the Help You Need
When you visit our Baton Rouge, Louisiana drug and alcohol addiction center, our goal is to help you or your loved ones to get the help they need. The key here is that we will be able to help you with comprehensive intervention services if they are necessary. We will work with you and your loved one to foster the very best level of care.
Our drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers provide customized treatment plans designed to help individuals find the best outcome for their situation. Drug and alcohol interventions can be a part of that customized treatment plan. Meet with our team to discuss your needs.
Let us offer inpatient or outpatient care designed to give your loved one the best possible opportunity to start on the path to recovery. It can change your life and that of your loved one.